Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Getting Started

The gift of breastfeeding…


It occurred to me while reading the raw emotion of a friend’s words on the end of breastfeeding, that there are all these tips out there on how to breastfeed, and how to wean. But there really aren’t any tips on the emotional effects of breastfeeding, stopping breastfeeding, and the simple gift it provides both mom and baby. So I started a blog about this… and would love to hear your stories. Stories about the simple ways in which breastfeeding changed your lives, how breastfeeding changed you as a person, your story of ending breastfeeding. Any memory, favorite moment, joys, sadness, and troubles you experienced in your time as a breastfeeding mom. Even if you tried to breastfeed, but it didn't happen for you, please share. Really anything you want to share – I would love to read them.

Email me your story. I can put them all together into this blog – Simple Gift – Stories from Breastfeeding Mamas. Anonymous or first name and age only – please include the number of children you have too and their ages. I am not doing this for monetary gain, just for personal reading pleasure, and to share it with others as they embark on the end of their breastfeeding journey. Thanks for sharing your story.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to have this website! But might I suggest changing either te background or font color. I can't read the words on top of the dark brown area. (Im on my phone so I don't know if it's the same for people on their computers).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is only on your phone - on the computer I don't see any lettering from the dark brown area - but I will try to darken the lettering - is anyone else having this problem??

    ReplyDelete