I am taking a break from our regular posts to ask you all a couple of questions, as well as some general comments that I would like to make. Your feedback is really important to me. So thanks for taking the time to read this and respond. I want to continue to make this blog a place where women like me can come to read wonderful stories from other women.
1. To start I wanted to let you all know that if you submit a story and I don't respond to you quickly, please hang in there with me. My husband has deployed overseas for his job (He works for the military as a civilian contractor). I don't have family in town yet, (my sister-in-law will be moving here shortly) so it is just me and my baby. Sometimes life keeps me super busy, and on my toes, and by the end of the day I'm wiped. I do my best to check for new stories as often as I can, but if there is a little delay, I apologize.
2. Recently I had the blog re-designed. I had a reader comment that while they liked the face-lift, it was hard to read. I love hearing things like this from readers, anything I can do to make reading these beautiful stories a better experience I would like to do. Unfortunetly I don't know to what the reader was exactly referrring. I would like your feedback so I can have it fixed. Is it the white background that makes it hard to read? The polka dots? The font color? I appreciate all your kind suggestions. Thanks!
3. Do you think only one story should be posted a day? Stories seemed to be submitted in waves. We won't have any for quite a while, and then boom 3-4. Do you like the one a day rule, or do you think I should just post them as I get them?
4. Please remember to include a title in your submissions, your first name/age, and your child(ren)'s name(s)/age(s). You don't have to include names if you aren't comfortable with it, but I would appreciate any information you are willing to provide. I personally think it helps readers like me connect with the story more. Also I try my best to correct grammar/spelling in the posts, but like any sleep deprived mother I don't catch everything. Please feel free to email me if you see something that needs to be changed.
5. How do you feel about an occasional product review/giveaway? I was recently given the opportunity to review a product and host a giveaway. While it is not directly related to breastfeeding, it is something that most of us mamas with babies would use. I would love to host it here, but don't want to start doing those reviews/giveaways if my readers would be offended/turned off by them. Please give me your feedback.
6. Also don't forget to grab our badge and post it on your own blogs. Anyway to get the word out about this blog so we can have more stories is great! If you have any other ideas on how to promote or improve the blog, feel free to through them out there. I appreciate your readership very much. If there is anything I can do to improve the blog I would love to do it.
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!